Creighton University gives their students not only Spring Break, but also Fall Break. Dexter and I were so excited! We got to have Dad for a whole week of fun! On Monday, we went to Vala's Pumpkin Patch with Kevin, Karen, and their 2 boys Ethan and Alex. This is no ordinary pumpkin patch either. It is more like a harvest carnival. It is 152 acres of harvest fun complete with food, a lot of games, pig races, pumpkin canon, corn maze, hayrack ride, train ride, camels and goats, pumpkin eating dragon, and tons of other fun things! Next year will be a lot of fun to take Dexter since he'll be older and able to enjoy it more.
Uh Oh, Dexter might need help bailing out his parents
Working our way through the corn maze
This was on our way. Notice the traffic light. Odd.
On Tuesday, we went for a drive. We went up the bluffs and took the Loess Hills Scienic Byway. It was really pretty with all of the trees turning. We of course did some geocaching along the way and came across a cute church. It was the countrysideWaubonsie Church.
We also stopped in Sydney at Penn Drug. It is a Soda fountain/Pharmacy that has been run by the same family since the Civil War. Then we went to the Waubonsie State Park and up to an overlook. After that, we stopped ant Mincer Orchard roadside stand and bought a cute little pumpkin and some apple cider and cherry cider, YUM! Dexter enjoyed it more this time too. We had fun.
Wednesday and Thursday were study days. Then on Friday, we fed the missionaries. It was a lot of fun. I made them waffles, eggs, and bacon. When the elders called to confirm the appointment, I asked what they wanted and one said breakfast and the other didn't care, so I surprised them and actually made breakfast. It was nice to have them here, and Ashton enjoyed comparing notes with them about the mission.
3 comments:
Sounds like an awesome week! I miss having it look like fall here, thought he weather has finally turned cooler (for now). I had to laugh at your notice of the stop light. At first I didn't know why you pointed it out, but then I remembered that stop lights aren't like that in Idaho. They are all turned horizontally around here, so now I'm used to it :)
looks like fun! i love fall. we miss you guys!
shauni
That sounds like so much fun. Dex is getting so big! Leigh and I were just talking about maybe next spring break maybe we will make a road trip to NEbraska and stay with you and then we all can go to the zoo....:D Look forward to seeing you guys at Christmas. Miss ya!
Post a Comment