Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Dexter's Hearing

Since Dexter's tube placement, we have noticed life change a little bit for this boy. He:

  • notices the airplanes as they fly over our house (it isn't subtle at all)
  • is a lot louder vocally
  • hears Ashton or I when we are on the other side of the house
  • rolls a lot more
  • hears different, subtle noises like crinkling plastic or other higher pitched/softer sounds

I guess we just didn't realize how much of the hearing world Dexter was missing. Sweet little boy, learn and grow in this new amplified world of yours. Learn and grow.

3 comments:

Shari Loveless said...

Lets hope the things he hears are always loving, and beautiful!!!!

Contessa Johnson said...

What a great thing to remember to appreciate all of the small things. Miss you guys.

Blake, Shauni, Dalton and Molly said...

I'm happy for him. He's such a sweet little boy and he deserves to enjoy all of lifes small, little things! It's funny how we take the simple things for granted. We miss you guys.
Shauni