Monday, July 25, 2011

Summer Fun

This summer, I have been trying very hard to make it be a lot of fun for Dexter.  It's our last summer with just him, and I felt like we had to live it up.  We have gone to the zoo a lot.  He loves to go to the butterfly house and to see the monkeys so make sure to hit each of those every time we go.  One time, we even took the sky-fari (a ski lift thing that takes you across the zoo and back.  I was a little nervous, as was Dex, but Ashton was really good at making Dexter comfortable which helped me out.

Dex and I went to the Children's museum quite a bit as well.  I've finally given up on going there this summer because it is extremely busy and impossible to find a parking spot.  We did get to see their new dinosaur exhibit that both terrified and fascinated Dexter.  He wouldn't go near them by himself, but had to go see them with me holding him.  





We have done a lot of coloring and painting as well.  One time while he was painting, He kept painting in circles and with each rotation, he would say "circle, circle, circle..."  pretty smart cookie!




We have gone "bowling" as well.  I saved a few containers that look like flat topped bowling pins just for him to bowl with.  I got them out the other day and we go bowling all the time.  The first time that we did it though, we had a special play date and had a blast bowling.



 We have enjoyed going to story time each week at the library.  We made butterflies and they are hanging up as decorations right now.  He has been ecstatic to see them "flying" in our house.  We have also been having fun in our little swimming pool.  Of course, we have kept up our cookie making sessions.  We also got him little trike to ride, which he almost can do, (grow legs, grow!)  It has a parent push bar on the back for us to help him.  I found it on craigslist.  Probably one of the best things I've found.    We played with it early this spring and early summer.  It is too humid now (for me to be out at least).

He also figured out how to put his train tracks together by himself and enjoys playing with his puzzles.  He is so smart.

1 comment:

Karen said...

You are a wonderful mother!