Monday, June 20, 2011

Flood Update

I thought it was time to show some pictures of some of the flooding going on around us. I picked a couple of them, the first is a view of the plain north of us, and the airport in Omaha. The little bit of I-29 in the corner that is above water is normally a bridge over a small river. On the second picture I drew in some of the highlights of the picture, our house is in the yellow area, behind a 41 foot levee.




This is the worker statue on the Lewis and Clark Landing in Omaha on a normal day, the river is usually a few feet below the deck that you walk on.
This is the right bottom part of the above picture now. Also, the pedestrian bridge is in the background. This was taken a few days ago, the river is actually about 2 feet higher now, you can only see the top parts of their heads

We are currently safe, the levee is holding the water back, but any prayers would be helpful, The river is going to be at least this high for a couple of months.


2 comments:

Shari Loveless said...

I am greatful you are still safe, but I am more greatful you have a Bishop who has offered his basement to you in case of flooding. Stay brave...love you!

Jessica's Fun-Filled Days said...

Stay safe!!!