Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Uncle "Bett"

WE HAD COMPANY!!! Uncle Brett came to play with us for 10 whole days, and boy did we have fun!

Thu 5/26: He flew in that afternoon, we treated him to yummy pizza at Sam and Louie's and then he watched Dexter for us while we went to see "Wicked". (That will be another post, and yes we saw it again, and yes I was 7 months pregnant again). The lucky guy even got to change his first messy diaper. ha!

Fri 5/27: We went to the zoo. We even rode the train, which Dexter loved. When we got back, we were all tuckered out and crashed during Dexter's naptime.

Sat 5/28: Up early to go to Omaha's farmer's market so we could be done in time for Dexter's last swimming lesson. While Dex and I were swimming, Brett and Ashton went thrift store hopping looking for ties. They picked us up and we continued thrift store hopping. I found some cute clothes for baby girl, and a nice sweater for church this fall for Dex. Best of all, it was buy one get one free, so everything came to be about 50 cents a piece. Can't beat that!

Then we used one of our groupons and took Brett to another pizza joint--Pitch. It was the fanciest pizza place with the fanciest pizza and foods. It was AMAZING to say the least. We tried 2 little pizza's, 2 salads, brussell sprouts, and truffle fries. All of it was fantastic!

That evening, they had a guys night out, and Ashton, Brett, and our friend Kevin went to see the Missouri Valley Conference Championship game. We tried to get Brett a Creighton shirt, but the book store was closed because it was Memorial weekend.

Sun 5/29: Just a nice relaxing Sunday. Brett came to church with us and everyone was really excited to see him. They hoped that he was a new member. One brother even told him he should move here, but Brett said his fiance probably wouldn't like that very much. (FIANCE! Have I mentioned he is engaged?! AHHHH!)

That evening we packed up the car so we were ready for our 3am drive to Nauvoo, IL.

5/30-6/1: We went to Nauvoo. It will be a post all on it's own.

Funny note, Brett went to bed at 8:30 and didn't wake up till about 8. He slept a ton here for being such a night owl!

Thu 6/2: I had an early Doctor's appointment and then we finished off our church history tour with Brett by taking him to the stuff around here. In the morning we went to the Kanesville Tabernacle and then back home for lunch. Dex needed a nap so Ashton stayed home with him while I took Brett to the Trail Center and cemetery.

Fri 6/3: We picked up some Creighton shirts for Brett and McKenzie and then Brett and I went and did a temple session.

Sat 6/4: Up and gone by 6:30am to take Brett to the airport. I cried. I still cry. I didn't realize how much I needed my brother here. Well, any family here, but it was really special to have Brett here.

Thanks for coming Brett! We loved every minute of it, and thank you McKenzie for letting him come play with us.

No comments: